Choose foods with healthy fats
Healthy fat swaps
Try these swaps to replace saturated fats with healthy fats:
- On toast, replace cream cheese with nut butter.
- For a dip, try making your own hummus or tzatziki to replace the spinach or artichoke dip.
- On bread or rolls, replace butter with olive oil flavored with balsamic vinegar.
- When cooking, replace lard, lard, or hard margarine with healthy oils and fats such as canola, olive, and soybean.
Make a healthy choice
What you eat on a regular basis is important to your health.
- Choose foods with little or no sodium, sugar, or saturated fat.
- Compare the Nutrition Facts table to foods to choose products that are lower in sodium, sugar or saturated fat.